REIMAGINE. REVIVE. REPURPOSE.
At Fire & Fir Candle Co., our mission is to go beyond creating clean and sustainable products; we are dedicated to reducing our ecological impact across all facets of our business.
In order to minimize waste, we listed below how to easily clean your candle vessel to re-use or recycle. As well as on all our product pages, there are suggestions on ways packaging can be re-used. If you come up with your own unique ways of re-using your packaging, share a photo and tag @fireandfircandleco in the photo so we can see!
How to clean your candle vessel:
1. When roughly 1/4-1/2 inch of wax remains, stop using your candle and pop it in the freezer - you should see cracks form. Once the wax has hardened, the wax and wick can be chipped out. You can reuse the leftover wax in a wax melter or natural waxes can be composted - though not all fragrance oils are eco-friendly or biodegradable.
2. The wicks in our single wick candles can be composted as they are coated in natural wax and tabs can go in metal recycling.
3. Use a paper towel to wipe out any leftover wax residue - you can use isopropyl alcohol to help with this process. DO NOT POUR ANY WAX DOWN YOUR DRAIN!
7. If you are reusing your container, please make sure to tag us in a photo! We'd love to see your creativity! If you don't plan on reusing your container, you can recycle it!
How we reduce our waste:
1. Fire Starters: we hand make wax fire starters by reusing materials from candle making. We reuse: scented wax, wax we tested but chose not to use, paper towel coated in wax from wiping out pouring pitchers, and wick trimmings.
2. Wick Trimmings: We also reuse wick trimmings by re-tabbing them for the next batch of candles!
3. Packaging: we reuse all the packing we can from supplies we receive. From packing peanuts, to paper filler, to bubble wrap - most of the packing you see when you receive your order is reused!
4. Misprinted Labels: we print all our labels ourselves, so we're bound to have a few misprints here or there. We save these and discount the candles we put them on so that we can reduce waste and offer you a discount!
If you have any questions about cleaning or reusing, please email us at email@example.com for more information.
WE PRINT WITH CANVA
We choose to print all our cards with Canva so that we can reduce our impact on the environment with their One Print. One Tree. initiative. For every print order placed with Canva, they plant a tree. We can't complain about that!